Jane Cartwright - City Clerk / HR
611 E. Grand River Ave, Howell, MI 48843
M-F 8:00a - 5:00p
Current Job Postings:
1) Police Officer - 2 positions
2) DPW Spring/Summer Seasonal
DPW Spring/Summer Seasonal Positions
The City of Howell is seeking applicants for seasonal help in the Public Works Department. Starting wage is $12.00/hour. These positions will be 40 hours per week for the defined season of April 25 through September 30, 2018. Seasonal work will consist of lawn care maintenance, street maintenance, and other tasks related to public works. To apply submit completed City of Howell Part Time/Temporary Employment Application found at the link below to Department of Public Works, 150 Marion St., Howell MI 48843 or email@example.com.
Part time/Temporary Employment Application
Police Officer - Updated February 14, 2019
The City of Howell, Michigan is seeking qualified applicants for 2 Police Officer positions.
2019 Starting Salary: $45,220 - $46,904/year.
Current maximum salary after 4 years of service: $71,358.
Reimbursement of Police Academy tuition: Successful applicants without active MCOLES licensing may be eligible for this economic incentive reimbursed over a 2 year period after successful completion of the FTO program.
Benefits of our unique small town Police Department:
- 12 hour shifts
- Opportunities for special assignments including Detective, LAWNET and School Resource Officer
- Full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- Short term/long term disability coverage
- Retirement under the MERS Defined Benefit Pension System
- Submission of Police Officer employment application, letter of interest & resume
- Successful completion of oral board
- Conditional offer
- Pre-employment background investigation, psychological and physical exam to include drug screening
Applicants must submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and completed Police Officer employment application to Howell City Clerk/HR Director, 611 E. Grand River, Howell MI 48843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complete job description and Police Officer employment application are available below. Please consider joining our full service Police Department.
Police Officer Employment Application
Police Officer Job Description
The City of Howell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability or other factors prohibited by law.
City of Howell Employment Application available HERE.