Jane Cartwright - City Clerk / HR
611 E. Grand River Ave, Howell, MI 48843
M-F 8:00a - 5:00p
Current Job Postings:
1) Fall Temporary - DPW
2) Police Officer
DPW Fall Temporary Laborers
The City of Howell is seeking applicants for temporary help in the Public Works Department; $11.00 per hour. These positions will be 40 hours per week for approximately 3 months, September - December. Temporary work will consist of street maintenance, leaf pickup, and other general labor tasks. To apply submit completed City of Howell seasonal employment application found at the link below to the Department of Public Works, 150 Marion Street, Howell.
Part time/Temporary Employment Application
The City of Howell, Michigan is seeking qualified applicants for Police Officer.
2018 Starting Salary: $44,117 - $45,760/year.
Current maximum salary after 4 years: $64,646.
Reimbursement of Police Academy tuition: Successful applicants without active MCOLES licensing may be eligible for this economic incentive reimbursed over a 2 year period after successful completion of the FTO program.
Benefits of our unique small town Police Department:
- 12 hour shifts
- Opportunities for special assignments including Detective, LAWNET and School Resource Officer
- Full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance
- $50,000 life insurance policy
- Short term/long term disability coverage
- Retirement under the MERS Defined Benefit Pension System
- Submission of Police Officer employment application , letter of interest & resume
- Successful completion of oral board
- Conditional offer
- Pre-employment background investigation, psychological and physical exam to include drug screening
Applicants must submit a detailed letter of interest, resume, and completed Police Officer employment application to Howell City Clerk/HR Director, 611 E. Grand River, Howell MI 48843 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complete job description and Police Officer employment application are available below. Please consider joining our full service Police Department. Deadline to apply is September 10, 2018.
Police Officer Employment Application
Police Officer Job Description
The City of Howell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability or other factors prohibited by law.
City of Howell Employment Application available HERE.