Jane Cartwright - City Clerk / HR
611 E. Grand River Ave, Howell, MI 48843
M-F 8:00a - 5:00p
Current Job Postings:
The City of Howell, Michigan is seeking qualified applicants for up to 2 Police Officer positions. Starting salary $43,243 - $44,866/year. Must be MCOLES certified or certifiable. EMPCO testing will also be used with a qualifying score of 80%. We are currently offering a hiring incentive for reimbursement of Police Academy Tuition. Successful applicants without active MCOLES certification may be eligible for this economic incentive reimbursed over a 2 year period after successful completion of the FTO program.
Benefits of our unique small town Police Department include the following:
1) 12 hour shifts
2) Opportunities for special assignments including Detective, LAWNET and School Resource Officer
3) Full benefit package including medical, dental & vision insurance
4) $50,000 life insurance policy
5) Short term/long term disability coverage
6) Retirement under the MERS Defined Benefit Pension System.
1) EMPCO Testing - to complete a profile and schedule your test go to https://www.empco.net/testing
2) Submission of Police Officer application form, letter of interest & resume
3) Successful completion of oral board
4) Conditional Offer
4) Pre-employment background investigation, psychological and physical exam to include drug screening.
Send detailed letter of interest, resume, and completed City of Howell Police Officer application form to:
Howell City Clerk/HR Director
611 E. Grand River, Howell MI 48843
Please consider joining our full service department. Positions open until filled.
Police Officer Employment Application Form available HERE.
Police Officer Job Description available HERE.
The City of Howell is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, disability or other factors prohibited by law.
City of Howell Employment Application available HERE.