Residents are encouraged to participate in the bi-weekly curbside recycling program. The City provides residents a special 64-gallon cart free of charge.
Take the following steps to get started:
- Call Advanced Disposal at 888-443-1717 to sign up for the recycling program. A 64-gallon cart will be delivered to you residence.
- Prepare recyclables according to the instructions provided with the cart. Materials accepted include: newspapers, mixed office paper, corrugated cardboard, box board, telephone books, magazines, #1 thru #7 plastic, clear, green and brown glass, aluminum and tin/steel food containers.
- Put recyclables in the cart and place at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on designated days. Please do not use 18-gallon bins as they will no longer be collected. Residents are welcomed to keep the existing 18-gallon bins free of charge, or return them to the DPW at 150 Marion St. Refer to the city calendar for pickup dates.
- Cart Placement:
- Carts should be placed no more than three (3) feet from the curb.
- There needs to be at least three (3) feet between your cart and any other objects such as parked cars, on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Be sure to place garbage and recycling carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Cart handle should be facing the house and away from the street.